Olive Fest Success
A message from Dana Taylor, President La Mirada Symphony Association
The weather was perfect for the 4th Annual Olive Fest at La Mirada Regional Park. What began as a neighborhood party four years ago blossomed into a celebration of music, art, and dance with over 50 vendors, community groups and food trucks, thanks to leadership of Tony Aiello of the La Mirada Blog. The symphony joined in the festivities by sponsoring an Opportunity Drawing with a Grand Prize of $500. Many local businesses contributed over 30 more prizes. After expenses, it looks like we cleared about $1,400 to benefit the symphony. Thank you to everyone who sold and purchased tickets. Specials thanks goes to the following:
- Rose Bourassa, Symphony Guild President for her organizational skills and vast enthusiasm.
- La Mirada Symphony Guild Members–thanks for selling all those tickets!
- The La Mirada Chamber of Commerce–Dustin Dahl and Garry Abel really stepped up to the plate to make the Olive Fest a reality.
- Dale Tiffany Outlet Center–Manager Ann Choi, you are the best!
- US Foods–all of those olives much appreciated!
- Thanks to the following organizations for the entertainment ticket vouchers: La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts, Pasadena Playhouse, Cerritos Performing Arts Center, The Aquarium of the Pacific, Phantom Productions
- Gift Certificates: Walgreens, Custom Candy Molds, Jeff Bishop Imaging, Work Out World, Holiday Inn La Mirada
- Specialty Items: Harbor Freight, Sharden Creations, Eternal Lights by Stephanie, Los Angeles County Golf Division, Iggy’s Designs, Artist Mario Lopez, Knotts Berry Farm, Oxman’s Surplus
Thanks for a supporting the La Mirada Symphony!