In 1961, creating a symphony for the community was the dream of Blanche Nissim, a La Mirada resident and concert pianist. She and a determined group of community advocates and local musicians united to make her dream a reality. Their Mission was to provide free concerts for residents who appreciated the cultural value of beautiful music in their lives and an opportunity for local musicians to share their talents.
The make-up of the orchestra has changed from mainly hobbyist volunteer musicians to including the many professional musicians we enjoy hearing today. However, excellence comes with a price. In an age when support for the arts from public money is growing increasingly scarce, individual support is more vital than ever.
Did you know the actual cost of each concert is seventeen thousand dollars ($17,000)?
Do you have a desire to participate in supporting the symphony?
Creative fund raising is on-going. People to help with grant writing, corporate sponsorships, community fundraisers, or any other volunteering ideas are invited to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers provide support to the Symphony Association and its mission as they:
- Assist in the lobby at each of the ADMISSION FREE concerts during the season
- Assistance with the annual Norwalk-La Mirada School District student concert
- Prepare informational materials for distribution
- Raise funds to support their activities and to contribute to the needs of the Association
- Sponsor opportunity drawings held at each concert
A gift to the La Mirada Symphony is an investment in the potential for the musical arts to create a better world. You have options. Make a choice.
Whichever you prefer, know that your commitment is key to enriching the symphony with the opportunity to continue assisting us with providing concerts to the local population and opening up possibilities.
You may direct your annual gift in one of two ways:
- Donation: Donations help sustain our music programs that are renowned, highly respected and legendary for their rigor. Any amount has a positive impact on the symphony.
- Gifts: At each concert, we host an opportunity drawing that includes donated gifts from local businesses and individuals. The funds made from these drawings help us with our operating expenses.
Support the La Mirada Symphony with your generous tax deductible donations. (Tax ID #94-3223735)
Send checks payable to La Mirada Symphony Association via mail to: La Mirada Symphony, P.O. Box 117, La Mirada. CA 90637-0117
Donate a gift to our opportunity drawings, please contact us at email@example.com.
The La Mirada Symphony depends on donations from friends like you.
Thank you for your support!