First Annual Golden Clef Awards Will Honor Individuals and Organizations On August 20
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 14, 2016
La Mirada, CA – On August 20 The La Mirada Symphony Association will be presenting the First Annual Golden Clef Awards honoring individuals and organizations having made a significant and lasting impact on concert music and the musical arts. This years honorees are Shirley Jones, Paul Williams, Roy Disney, represented by the Disney family with special guest, Dave Bossert, and Supporter; Supervisor Don Knabe.
This event will be presented at the beautiful La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts. The evening will begin with a silent auction in the foyer followed by our presentation. Hostess for the evening will be actress, speaker, Morgan Brittany, who will talk to the honorees about their personal stories in the world of entertainment with film clips and musical tribute by Broadway performers, Rex Smith, James C. Mulligan and Carly Bracco with Richard Allen at the Piano. An after party for our VIP guests will allow guests to meet the honorees, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and have their pictures taken with them.
Ad opportunities in the program are also available – ads will run through the new season.
What the La Mirada Symphony provides:
- FREE community concerts at the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts
- Free daytime concert performances for youth from private and public schools in the area
- Honors Orchestra, where young student musicians perform onstage with the orchestra
- Merit Awards to especially talented young musicians who perform at our youth concerts
- Instrumental ensemble visits to schools to stimulate and educate in the music genre
- Master Classes provided to music classes at the community public schools
We believe that the joy of fine music in the lives of our young people is essential to their development and has been proven to be a stimulus for higher learning.
We sincerely hope that you share our belief that the arts are a real need, not an accessory, in our culture. Help us with your donation to bring our ‘Gift of Music” to the community youth and adults.